Charles W. Bosler Jr., CPCM
Mr. Bosler has been on the cutting edge of the high technology arena, specifically in the area of Aviation electronics (Avionics), for over 30 years. During that time, he was involved with every major electronic countermeasures program deployed to protect America’s airmen. He led the way toward improving today’s technology for the future: from his distinguished service in the U.S. Marine Corps, to completion of several U.S. Navy & Air Force Programs several Foreign Military contracts for aviation support equipment; to deriving the support equipment requirements for the U.S. Navy and Air Force, next generation aircraft. The tactical aircraft that will be used well into the new millennium. Mr. Bosler is a pioneer in the area of tactical electronic countermeasures and the support equipment necessary to ensure mission success.
Charles Bosler, is an active contributor to the American Project Management Forum (APMF), the Global Project Management Forum (GPMF), as well as, the Society for Risk Analysis (SRA) and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). Mr. Bosler is often asked to lend his experience and expertise to the Department of Defense (DoD), the Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA), the Defense Acquisition University (DAU), and the Defense Systems Management College (DSMC). He serves on many standing committees such as, the Standards Committee of the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
Mr. Bosler is deeply involved with the Project Management Institute (PMI), where he brought many years of project management experience to the PMI Board of Directors as the ASC Board Relations Representative and to the office of Chairman of the PMI Risk Management Specific Interest Group. He is a Certified Professional Consultant to Management (CPCM), as certified by the Institute of Management Consultants (IMC) and the National Bureau of Management Consultants (NBMC).
He co-authored a textbook on Risk Management and corresponding course of instruction for the International Management Forum (IMF) of the International Project Management Association (IPMA). In addition to his work with International committee that revised the PMI, Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK Guide), he also edited the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) textbook on Risk Management.
Mr. Bosler is a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, where he was an aviation maintenance officer. Before his retirement from the Marine Corps, President Ronald Reagan honored him for volunteerism and his work in the community. Mr. Bosler was selected by the Navy League of the United States, and hailed as the “Most Inspirational Leader in the Marine Corps” in 1986. He received the Gerald C. Thomas award from the Honorable John H. Dalton, Secretary of the Navy. Mr. Bosler was honored as Legionnaire of the Year 1987, by the American Legion. Mr. Bosler is also a subject of Biographical record in, Who’s Who of Emerging Leaders in America 1992, the International Who’s Who of Entrepreneurs 1998, and Who’s Who in the World 2000.
Mr. Bosler holds degrees in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, and Physics.
A Record of Success …
An active Program/Project Manager, Mr. Bosler was very successful in many U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force and Foreign Military Service (FMS) Programs, including:
- Development of Organizational Level Electronic Warfare (EW) Maintenance Plans for the Naval Air Systems Command
- Design, development and manufacture of EW antenna couplers for U.S. Air Force, Air National Guard aircraft
- Design, development and manufacture of the Electronic Warfare Test System for U.S. Air Force F-111 aircraft
- Design, development and manufacture of Electronic Warfare Test System to support U.S. Air Force F-15 aircraft
- Design, development and production of Organizational Level Electronic Warfare Test Program Sets for U.S. Navy F-18, Australian Air Force AF-18, Canadian Air Force CF-18, Kuwait Air Force KF-18 and Spanish Air Force EF-18 aircraft
As the original sponsor and founder Chairman of the PMI Risk Management Specific Interest Group (RiskSIG), Charles Bosler has been directly involved with many innovative risk management projects, symposiums and the creation of international standards of Risk Management some of those efforts are listed below:
- 1997 – Founded the Project Management Institute (PMI) Risk Management Specific Interest Group (SIG)
- 1998 – Generated and filed PMI Risk Management SIG (RiskSIG) Constitution and By-Laws
- 1998 – Sponsor and Developer of the PMI Risk Management SIG web site (RiskSIG.com)
- 1999 – Publication of the Risk Management SIG Risk Lexicon
- 1999 – International Risk Management Demographics Study
- 2000 – Rewrite of the Risk Management chapter of the PMI PMBoK Guide
- 2000 – Record number of Risk Management tracks at the PMI Annual Seminar and Symposium
- 2000 – Published List of Risks Commonly Encountered on Projects
- 2000 – Published Risk Management Tools Survey
- 2000 – Published Suggested Risk Management Bibliography and Reading List
- 2000-2001 – PMI Board of Directors ASC Board Relations Representative
- 2001 – Co-sponsor – International INCOSE-PMI Risk Management Symposium
- 2001 – Risk Management SIG membership increased to over 2000 professionals
- April 2001 Chairman RiskSIG/INCOSE Symposium on Risk, Hampton Roads, VA
- Feb 2002 RiskSIG/ INCOSE Universal Risk Project Click here for details
- Jun 2002 Chairman/ Project Manager RiskSIG Symposium, Anaheim, CA
- Jun 2002 PMI NA Congress, Long Beach, CA
- Sep 2002 Taught a Course on Project Risk Management for the JNIC-CRDC, Denver, CO
- Oct 2002 Presenter at the PMI NA Congress, San Antonio, TX
- Mar 2003 Moderated a Panel Discussion on Business Analysis & Risk Management at PMI Chapter Meeting, Tampa, FL
- May 2003 INC. Magazine “How to take Risk In A Time of Anxiety.” Click here for details
- August 2003 Keynoted International Project Management Conference, Sao Paulo, Brazil Click here for details
- August 2003 Presenter at the III Seminário Internacional PMI® – SP “Gerenciar Projetos: da Teoria à Prática” Click here for details
- Sep 2003 Taught a Course on Project Risk Management for the IQPC Conference in Canberra, AU
- Oct 2003 Presenter at PMI Leadership Meeting and PMI NA Congress, Baltimore, MD
- Mar 2004 Taught a Course on Project Risk Management at the Petrobras University, BR
- Mar 2004 Metodologia e Níveis de Maturidade em Gestão de Riscos de Projetos nas Empresas de Serviços de Telecomunicações. Click here for details
- April 2004 Presenter at PMI Leadership Meeting and PMI NA Congress, Vancouver, CA
- May 2004 Chairman & Project Manager of the Washington, DC RiskSIG Symposium
- May 2005 Chairman & Project Manager of the RiskSIG Symposium, Seattle, WA
- May 2005 Participated in the PMI Risk Credential, Item Writing Session Seattle, WA
- Sep 2005 Taught a Course on Project Risk Management at the AOC CVC Washington, DC
- September 2005 Presenter at lDS Emergency Management Conference, Achieving Better Management of Risk: Uncovering Hidden Weak Points in Your Program or Project. Minneapolis, MN
- September 2005 Presenter at PMI Leadership Meeting and PMI NA Congress, PMI North American Congress
- September 2005, Hurricane Relief & Disaster Preparedness. Toronto, CA
- December 2005 Contributed to the RAND Corporation White Paper: Quantitative Risk Analysis for Project Management
- Jan 2006 Keynoted the 1º Seminário de Gerenciamento de Riscos do Distrito Federal, Brazil
- April 2006 Presented and Moderated a Panel Discussion on the Future of Project Risk Management at RIMS Conference in Honolulu, HI
- May 2006 Presenter at PMI Leadership Meeting and PMI NA Congress RiskSIG 2006 Annual Symposium, Conducted in Seattle, WA. click here for details.
- May 2006 Virtual Congress on Risk Management, Metodologia e Níveis de Maturidade em Gestão de Riscos de Projetos nas Empresas de Serviços de Telecomunicações. Click here for details.
- May 2006 Chairman & Project Manager of the RiskSIG Symposium, Houston, TX
- June 2006 Presented Project Risk Management at the GNO Chapter meeting
- Oct 2006 COPAT Member and Presenter at PMI Leadership Meeting and PMI NA Congress, Seattle, WA
- Nov 2006 Presenter at the PMI Regional Meeting in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Dec 2006 Society for Risk Analysis Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD. Plenary Presentation on Project Risk Management
- Jan 2007 The Society for Risk Analysis RISK newsletter, First Quarter 2007 Article “Project Risk Management: Seeing the Process as the Product”
- May 2007 Chairman & Project Manager of the RiskSIG Symposium, San Francisco click here for details.
- Jun 2007 PMI Central Massachusetts Chapter Meeting, Risk Management Presentation Charles W. Bosler Jr., CPCM Chairman of the PMI Risk Management SIG presented a moderated discussion on Project Risk Management.
- Jun 2007 PMI Santiago, Chile Chapter Meeting, Project Management Seminar Charles W. Bosler Jr., CPCM Chairman of the PMI Risk Management SIG Keynote presentation, Análisis de riesgo en la construcción, “Project Risk Management – Seeing the Process as the Product” Click here for details
- Aug 2007 Seminario Internacional, Gestión de Riesgos en Proyectos,3° Versión del Tour Latinoamericano Sur de Project Management, Centro de Convenciones B´nai B´rith Ricardo Lyon 1933 31 de agosto de 2007 Click here for details
- Aug 2007 Inauguración Magíster en Gestión Integral de Proyectos “Project Risk Management” Catholic University de Norte, Antofagasto, Chile Click here for details
- Aug 2007 at PMI Leadership Meeting and PMI NA Congress Atlanta, GA
- Sep 2007 PMI Tampa, FL Chapter Project Management Seminar Charles W. Bosler Jr., CPCM Chairman of the PMI Risk Management SIG presentation “Project Risk Management”
- Nov 2007 Presenter at Project World Barcelona, Spain Click here for Details
- Nov 2007 Chairman & Project Manager of the RiskSIG European Symposium Barcelona, Spain Click here for details.
- Jan 2008 RiskSIG Chairman & Project Manager of the RiskSIG Symposium European Symposium was scheduled for Nice, France. Cancelled due to the World Economic Crisis.
- April 2008 RiskSIG 2008 Chairman & Project Manager of the RiskSIG 10th Anniversary – East Coast Symposium Conducted in Philadelphia, PA.
- June 2008 RiskSIG 2008 Chairman & Project Manager of the RiskSIG 10th Anniversary – West Coast Symposium Conducted at Torrey Pines, San Diego, CA.
- May 2009 at PMI Leadership Meeting and PMI EMEA Congress Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Sep 2009 at PMI Silicon Valley Conference Santa Clara, CA.
- Oct 2009 at PMI Leadership Meeting and PMI NA Congress Orlando, FL.
- Oct 2009 at PMI Ottawa Valley Conference Ottawa, Ontario, CA.
- Nov 2009 RiskSIG 2009 Chairman & Project Manager of the RiskSIG International Symposium on Risk – European Symposium Conducted at ENI, in Rome, Italy.
- Dec 2009 Presented at the ecoPetrol Conference in Bogota, Colombia
- May 2010 Chairman of the RiskSIG ProjectWorld Conference in Toronto, Ontario, CA.
- June 2010 PDS ’10 Collaboration with the ISSIG, Puget Sound Chapter & RiskSIG in Seattle, WA.
- August 2010 Keynote speaker for International Symposium on Risk Management in Rio de Janeiro, BR.
- November 2010 Collaboration with the Regional Chapters International Symposium on Risk Management in Collaboration with the Frankfurt, GE Chapter of the PMI.